Monday, June 23, 2008

summer summer summer

I taught my first kids class last week at Charlotte Country Day School and it was a blast! I had 10 great kids and the time just flew by. This week is vacation bible school and the kick off was today. The girls are having a wonderful time and I am teaching the art component. I cannot wait for a week with "nothing" to do! We are full swing into swim meet season and the girls are doing great and I am itching to get back to the wheel... Just a couple more days... I have been sketching and I have my glaze recipes and ideas for fall down pat!

On a sad note, my grandmother is failing...she is at home in Florida with hospice coming several times a week. She has lived a wonderful 92 years and we are sad, but also hoping she will not have to suffer. It all happened very quickly and she has had a great year of travelling from Ohio, South Carolina and Florida visiting great grandchildren and others who love her so much. The girls in their ever optimistic outlook, were not sad just excited that she was going to see Great Grandpa Skidmore soon in heaven.

No comments: